Helping You Navigate Difficult Family Law Issues
Mahaffey & Associates, provides supportive and experienced family law services to clients throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We have offices in Sylvania, and we can meet with you at any of our locations.
If you have questions or would like more information regarding any of the following matters, please contact our Sylvania, Ohio, family law attorneys online or call 419-741-0111 for a free phone consultation.
What Is Your Family Law Need?
- Divorce: As divorce attorneys, we strive to help our clients and the other party find common ground where they can resolve issues professionally and amicably. However, as capable trial lawyers, we do not hesitate to have our day in court whenever necessary.
- Child support: We seek child support payments that are determined in the best interests of the child or children.
- Child custody and visitation: The courts focuses on a fair and balanced division of time and resources regarding the care and parenting of the child or children. We protect the rights of parents and the best interests of children to obtain a fair and balanced outcome.
- Property division: We skillfully identify marital property and separate property to arrive at fair property settlements on behalf of our clients.
- Spousal support: We represent people who will be paying support as well as those who will be receiving support.
- Adoption: With help from a skilled Toledo adoption lawyer, you can ensure that the process of welcoming a child into your family is kept as seamless and stress-free as possible. We handle stepparent adoption, grandparent adoption, private adoption and international adoption.
- Paternity: We represent mothers and fathers in paternity actions and terminating parental rights. When paternity is established, fathers can obtain visitation or custody rights and can become responsible for paying child support. Terminating parental rights may be necessary to move forward in an adoption.
- Grandparents’ rights: Grandmothers and grandfathers may have rights to visitation and, in some cases, custody. Grandparents’ rights issues are addressed on a case-by-case basis, with particular attention given to the specific circumstances of the relationship with the grandchild along with other factors.
Contact Us For A Consultation
Contact us online or call Mahaffey & Associates, at 419-741-0111 to arrange a consultation, including evenings and weekends by appointment. We accept all major credit cards and can meet you at our office in Sylvania.